77th New England Open – Scholastic K-12
September 4 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
SENECA will be hosting the 2017 New England Open in Waltham, MA, on Labor Day Weekend. We scholastic players to participate in our four-round K-12 scholastic section! We will be hosting K-3 and K-6 sections on separate days, as well.
September 4, 2017
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Waltham
450 Totten Pond Road
Waltham, MA 02451
Rooms are $119/night. Reserve by 8/18/2017. Reserve by calling the hotel directly at 781-890-0100 and asking for the 2017 New England Open Chess Tournament Room Block, or visit www.bostonwaltham.hgi.com and make reservations using group code SENECA.
4SS, G/30 d5
First round at 11:00 AM. Others ASAP upon completion of previous round.
Trophies to top three (3) players in each section.
$20 online by 9/2 at 11:59 pm, $25 at site (cash or check only).
9:30 to 10:30 AM.
1. USCF membership required. All sections are USCF rated.
2. School grades are for the 2017-2018 school year.
3. Bring a chess set and clock if possible. None provided.
4. Pre-registered players should confirm no later than 10:30 AM.
5. Official September published ratings will be used.
For more information, contact Ben Swiszcz at 617-872-8190 or at email@example.com.