- This event has passed.
2019 Rhode Island State Chess Championship
May 11, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Rhode Island State Chess Championship
***OPEN TO OUT OF STATE PLAYERS***
The 2019 Rhode Island State Chess Championship is open to participants of all ages and ratings. Join us for the excellent competition! USCF membership is required.
4SS, G/60 d5 for Open, U1900, and U1500 sections
4SS, G/25 d5 for U1200 section
LOCATION: Rhode Island College – Donovan Dining Center, 600 Mt. Pleasant Ave., Providence, RI 02908
Open, U1900, U1500: $35 if paid online by May 9, $45 onsite. GM & IM free.
U1200: $20 if paid online by May 9, $25 onsite.
PRIZE STRUCTURE: $1,000 b/50
REGISTRATION: 9:00-9:45 AM.
ROUND TIMES: 10:00 AM, 12:30 PM, 2:45 PM, 5:00 PM
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact Frank Vogel, email@example.com, (401) 837-1302.
– Active USCF membership is required.
– State champion must be a Rhode Island player.
– One bye allowed. Must be requested in advance.
– Entry fee deducted from prizes for GM & IM.
– Prize ratio is based on paid entries in cash prize sections.
For more information about USCF membership go to www.uschess.org or call 800-903-8723.