- This event has passed.
2022 Rhode Island State Chess Championship
November 5, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 7:45 pm
Rhode Island State Chess Championship
***OPEN TO OUT OF STATE PLAYERS***
The 2022 Rhode Island State Chess Championship is open to participants of all ages and ratings. USCF membership is required. Register using the registration buttons below.
Saturday, November 5, 2022.
Hilton Garden Inn Providence Airport / Warwick
1 Thurber Street
Warwick, RI 02886
4SS, G/60 d5 for Open, U1900, and U1500 sections.
4SS, G/25 d5 for U1200 section.
Open, U1900, U1500: $40 if paid online by November 3 at 11:59 PM, $50 onsite.
U1200: $25 if paid online by November 3 at 11:59 PM, $30 onsite.
PRIZE STRUCTURE: $1,000 b/50
Prize ratio is based on paid entries in cash prize sections.
ONSITE REGISTRATION: 8:30-9:15 AM. Entries after 9:15 AM will receive a round 1 bye.
Open, U1900, U1500 – 9:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 3:00 PM, 5:30 PM.
U1200 – First round at 9:30 AM and subsequent rounds ASAP.
1. Active USCF membership is required. This must be purchased or renewed by 11/3 at 11:59 PM. Players without an active USCF membership will not be paired.
2. State champion must be a Rhode Island resident.
3. One half-point bye allowed. Must be requested in advance. Round 4 byes are irrevocable once round 1 begins and must be requested before the start of round 1.
4. All registration cancellations must be requested by 9:15 AM on the day of the tournament (11/5/2022). All refunds are subject to a $5 processing fee. No refunds will be issued after the start of round 1 of the tournament.
5. Prize ratio is based on paid entries in cash prize sections.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact Ben Swiszcz, email@example.com, (617) 872-8190.