- This event has passed.
2nd Sharon Library Free Chess Tournament
June 5, 2016 @ 5:00 am - 10:00 am
Sunday, June 5, 2016
Sharon Public Library -Cynthia B. Fox Community Room
11 North Main Street
Sharon MA 02067
FORMAT: 4SS, G/30 One USCF rated section and three sections unrated
- Novice – UNRATED
- Age 10 and under section – UNRATED
- Age 14 and under section – UNRATED
- Open Section (USCF RATED) – Students of any age may play
USCF Membership Required for play in OPEN SECTION
For more information about USCF membership go to www.uschess.org or call 800-903-8723.
Trophies will be awarded to the top three players in each section.
Everyone plays all 4 rounds.
You may play in a higher age group if preferred. 1/2-point bye available in any round, but must notify organizer in advance. Bring chess clock.
DOOR REGISTRATION: This tournament is sponsored by the South East New England Chess Association and the Sharon Public Library. This is a scholastic event for children up to grade 12.
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THIS TOURNAMENT We do ask that you register ahead of time. On site check in is from 9:00AM to 9:45AM. Round 1 starts at 10:00 AM. Others on completion of each round. Age 10 & under and 14 & under will finish in the early afternoon around 1:00PM. Open section will end by 2:00PM.
ADVANCE REGISTRATION: To register online click HERE.
Sharon Library Parking:
- There is 3-hour street parking along the front and side of the building.
- Library users may park in the lot behind the First Congregational Church on High Street, across from the side of the Library. Note: Use this lot in icy weather.
- There is a municipal lot behind the library; the entrance is off Post Office Square.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION contact Bob Salvas from the South East New England Chess Association at (401) 359-1602 or email: email@example.com.
Or Jonah Smiley from the Sharon Public Library at 781-784-1578 x1430 firstname.lastname@example.org