- This event has passed.
79th New England Open – Scholastic K-6
September 1, 2019 @ 6:30 am - 1:00 pm
SENECA will be hosting the 79th New England Open in Newton, MA, on Labor Day Weekend. We invite scholastic players to participate in our four-round K-6 scholastic section! We will be hosting K-3 and K-12 sections on separate days, as well. For information about the main New England Open event (open to players of all ages), click HERE.
Please note that we are unable to accommodate additional onsite entries for our K-6 event.
Advance Entries as of 8/30/2019 at 11:59 PM
September 1, 2019
Crowne Plaza Boston – Newton
320 Washington Street
Newton, MA 02458
4SS, G/30 d5
First round at 10:30 AM. Others ASAP upon completion of previous round.
Trophies to top three (3) players in each section.
$20 online by 8/30 at 11:59 pm, $25 at site (cash or check only).
9:00 to 10:00 AM.
1. USCF membership required. All sections are USCF rated.
2. School grades are for the 2019-2020 school year.
3. Bring a chess set and clock if possible. None provided.
4. Pre-registered players should confirm no later than 10:00 AM.
5. Official September published ratings will be used.
6. Note: parking in the garage next to the hotel is free on Saturday and Sunday, $20 on Monday.
7. Cancellations are subject to a $5 processing fee.
For more information, contact Ben Swiszcz at 617-872-8190 or at email@example.com.